Friday, November 03, 2006

Back from Vacation

Vacation.

Should be restful recuperation. Is always me getting really bad flu or cold. At least I squeezed in some gaming. Of which I hasten to point out that my anual pile to acquire grows. It always happens as summer wraps up.

So now we have:
Battlefield 2142 (Demo is good for now, and I still have lots of maps I've hardly played on B2 and SpecFor)

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (demo is out today, so this may come off or go up)

Warhamer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade (wasn't really impressed with the Tau in the demo, but it's the single player campaign I really want to see)

Supreme Commander (in on the closed beta - w00t - but it's multiplayer only. I like my rts off line)

Neverwinter Nights 2 (I'm mixed on this. WoW is really filling the RPG niche for me right now. And the gaming niche. And the not-sleeping-to-game niche)

My PSP kind of rocks. And kind of sucks. I have two anthologies of old arcade games now. And that's cool. But the darn thing is just a bit too wee for my giant hands.

I now have a close enough collection of Republic troops (I think). I'm going to start on rules soon. Or not. I've been printing G.E. (v7) stuff and it's starting to look really tempting to set up a game.

I have to admit though, I don't look forward to 12 hour sessions of gaming like I used to.

No comments: